Sunday 20 March 2011

Me Vs Celebrity Bloggers

These past few weeks, with the drama, tsunami and whatever that is happening at work, it makes me think of the career path that I've chosen and whether it is actually worth it.


Currently I'm earning 7K++, works 9am to 9pm, have absolutely no life and on weekends all I wanna do is just sleep to recover my sleepless nights on weekdays.




Considering my age; (I'm 26 btw), I can say that I'm actually earning quite a lot but seriously, this salary comes with the expense of: MY SOCIAL LIFE








And then there are the celebrity bloggers




(Wendy Cheng of Xiaxue fame, last I checked, she earned SGD17K/month...whoa,mad respect for this woman!!!)


Those who do nothing but live and write about their daily life and get paid tons of $$$




(redmummy from redmummy.com, was featured in one of local newspaper as one of the top earning bloggers in Malaysia, rumor has it the she's earning 1mil??? redmummy has vehemently denied the rumor, saying she's raking in only about 10k++/month)


I mean, the stuff that they write isn't exactly astrophysics or something, it's more to like "oh today I went here" "i cooked this" "Bought this" "my cat pooped" yadayadayada and so on


Ironically, these people gets paid maybe double or triple of what I am paid, and they are not confined to any working hours, rules or office politics!!


They are their own bosses!!!


Talk about freedom man


I mean, who would've known if they actually blogged while wearing just underpants or..while pooping??!!!


Ah blisss.....................


Seriously, they ARE indeed geniuses and I salute them


I mean, look at me, I wake up at 8, go to work, suffer at work to achieve the targets, go home at 9 and ...basically died


These bloggers maybe wake up at 10, have breakfast, go shopping, chilling, attend event and later come back at night and sleep with a very heartwarming feeling


Well I'm not saying that it is THAT easy being a celebrity blogger, I mean, the numbers that they have to put in just to come up with 1 interesting post, and the endless numbers of camwhoring sessions (:p), but still compared to my working life, it still sucks being me isn't it???


Of course there are also celebrity bloggers like Kenny Sia and Vivy Yusof who actually have an actual job besides blogging


People said Kenny earned so much from blogging now he can afford to open up his own gym!!
from Kenny's website, www.kennysia.com


Lucky Kenny


So, am I actually blogging now just to earn big bucks like them?...nah...I'm just here to rant and whine about life...besides, nobody reads my blog anyway, but in the future...who knows right?






No comments:

Post a Comment